The Quickest & Easiest Way To create a fall Charcuterie Board
What makes the perfect fall charcuterie board? Whether it’s meats, cheeses, jams, or veggies, and fruit you can add whatever you want to your autumn charcuterie board.
In this post, I am going to share with you a board I created with my two girls and other charcuterie boards pictures to help inspire you to make one of your own! We all know basically what goes on a board so I am not going to list out everything because you can use anything you want!
This post does contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you choose to make a purchase.
Fall Chacuterie Board Trader Joes
Not all of your items need to be fancy or special you can shop for them anywhere. For the easy fall appetizer board I made I had everything on hand and made it very kid-friendly. I will share some items you can add to your autumn charcuterie board.
Don’t get me wrong some boards look fancier than others! Look at this board below!! But they spent a fortune on fresh flowers and food I don’t recommend doing that unless you want to of course!
Tips for Creating Chacuterie Boards
I’ve gathered some tips to share from myself and others. I want to make it easy peasy for you when you go to create your own board.
My tip for a fall or harvest grazing board is to use items you already have and make it fun. Add eyes to make ghosts and make your cheeses into shapes like coffins or mummies!
Adding Color and Texture
When you are selecting items for your board, make sure to choose some that will “pop” on your board. Bright reds (strawberries, cherries, tomatoes), bright greens (grapes, apple slices, herb garnish), etc. There are too many brown foods out there and if you’re not careful, your board will look bland, not brilliant.
Make sure you’re not placing too many like colors directly next to each other. This will help with the presentation.
The same goes with texture. Variety is key. You want some smooth, shiny surfaces like dates. You want some rough, edgy surfaces like the Triscuit crackers pictured above. Some should look wet or moist like the jams and spreads, and others super dry, like the pistachios and almonds.Mom on Timeout
Just like the cheeses, you can choose whatever meats you like! I went with some good quality pepperoni, varieties of salami, and sausage that I had partially sliced. Again, check out your deli section and find what will work best for your guests. I also like to add prosciutto, not in my photos today. The trick with adding meats to your board, is keep them in groups. See my photo above and below. Some of the salami near the blue cheese, I folded lightly in half for fun. The pepperoni and other salami pieces are nicely fanned out, laying flat on the board.Spend with Pennies
Get Inspired to Make Your Own Harvest Charcuterie Board
My Fall Charcuterie Board
The girls and I had a blast making this and then we shared it with our family later and it was a hit! I made homemade ranch and everyone loved dipping their favorite thing in the ranch and of course, the kids loved the sweets.
I loaded the board with items we all love and I had on hand. I did buy the persimmon knowing I was doing this board though. I would love to know if you are inspired to create your own board! Take a look and the pretty cutting boards and trays below to shop.
Plus make sure to check out my previous posts and pin for later!
- Cinco De Mayo Tablescape with vintage DishesCinco de Mayo is such a fun thing to celebrate and I have these vintage pink and blue dishes for a long time now I finally was able to do a tablescape with them. Being festive is so much fun sometimes and getting my girls into the spirit is a blessing as well. I was…
- farmhouse Cabinet – Chippy StorageI just got this really awesome farmhouse cabinet that has tons of storage and is on wheels! I saw this at a local antique shop and had to have it. My house has zero storage or closest space so I am constantly looking for things to store my decor in! Let’s be real I have…
- Mothers Day tablescapes – Flowers – LinensMothers Day is right around the corner and I wanted to inspire you to go all out for your mom! These photos are going to be bright and cheery and you will want to make your own killer tablescape after seeing all the pretty pictures. Next week when it gets a little closer and I…
- My Favorite Girls Dress ShopsI lvoe buying cute dresses for my girls and I do not like spending that much money on them. I will tell youright off the bat the higest I will pay for a dress is around $25. Most of these were under $20 except for a special occasion one like the flower girl dresses but…
- Spring Decor with Dsitressed Wood ArchSpring is in the air and I love decorating for it. I wanted to share some of my spring decor with you and a new arch mirror I got. the mirror is lovely and I absolutely love it and couldn’t wait to style it with some spring flowers and eggs. Spring is always so fun…