The Quickest & Easiest Way To create a fall Charcuterie Board
What makes the perfect fall charcuterie board? Whether it’s meats, cheeses, jams, or veggies, and fruit you can add whatever you want to your autumn charcuterie board.
In this post, I am going to share with you a board I created with my two girls and other charcuterie boards pictures to help inspire you to make one of your own! We all know basically what goes on a board so I am not going to list out everything because you can use anything you want!
This post does contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you choose to make a purchase.
Fall Chacuterie Board Trader Joes
Not all of your items need to be fancy or special you can shop for them anywhere. For the easy fall appetizer board I made I had everything on hand and made it very kid-friendly. I will share some items you can add to your autumn charcuterie board.
Don’t get me wrong some boards look fancier than others! Look at this board below!! But they spent a fortune on fresh flowers and food I don’t recommend doing that unless you want to of course!
Tips for Creating Chacuterie Boards
I’ve gathered some tips to share from myself and others. I want to make it easy peasy for you when you go to create your own board.
My tip for a fall or harvest grazing board is to use items you already have and make it fun. Add eyes to make ghosts and make your cheeses into shapes like coffins or mummies!
Adding Color and Texture
When you are selecting items for your board, make sure to choose some that will “pop” on your board. Bright reds (strawberries, cherries, tomatoes), bright greens (grapes, apple slices, herb garnish), etc. There are too many brown foods out there and if you’re not careful, your board will look bland, not brilliant.
Make sure you’re not placing too many like colors directly next to each other. This will help with the presentation.
The same goes with texture. Variety is key. You want some smooth, shiny surfaces like dates. You want some rough, edgy surfaces like the Triscuit crackers pictured above. Some should look wet or moist like the jams and spreads, and others super dry, like the pistachios and almonds.Mom on Timeout
Just like the cheeses, you can choose whatever meats you like! I went with some good quality pepperoni, varieties of salami, and sausage that I had partially sliced. Again, check out your deli section and find what will work best for your guests. I also like to add prosciutto, not in my photos today. The trick with adding meats to your board, is keep them in groups. See my photo above and below. Some of the salami near the blue cheese, I folded lightly in half for fun. The pepperoni and other salami pieces are nicely fanned out, laying flat on the board.Spend with Pennies
Get Inspired to Make Your Own Harvest Charcuterie Board
My Fall Charcuterie Board
The girls and I had a blast making this and then we shared it with our family later and it was a hit! I made homemade ranch and everyone loved dipping their favorite thing in the ranch and of course, the kids loved the sweets.
I loaded the board with items we all love and I had on hand. I did buy the persimmon knowing I was doing this board though. I would love to know if you are inspired to create your own board! Take a look and the pretty cutting boards and trays below to shop.
Plus make sure to check out my previous posts and pin for later!
- Cozy Fall Home Decor IdeasLet’s chat about fall farmhouse home decor ideas! Who doesn’t love a cozy fall evening? The leaves are changing, the air is crisp and fireplaces are lit. Fall is the perfect time to curl up with friends and enjoy some hot cocoa while you swap stories about your latest work projects. But don’t let all…
- Fall Living Room DecorFall is quickly approaching, and for many of us, that means changing up the living room. With the change in season comes a need to switch out summer decor with more warm colors and autumn decor pieces. The best part about this time of year is it’s easy to create your own personal space by…
- How to Get Your Kids to Appreciate Hiking in NatureWould you like to bond with your kids while making great, lasting memories? If so, then it’s worth considering staying off the beaten path and going hiking with your little ones. CNN states that hiking in nature is beneficial for the mind and body. And that goes for kids and parents alike. Outdoor adventures can foster…
- Fall Decor Faux VegetablesLet’s talk about fall decor with faux vegetables. You might not think it’s possible to decorate your home for the fall without having a pumpkin in sight, but I’m here to show you otherwise. With faux vegetables, you can get that cozy feeling of autumn without buying a ton of pumpkins and worry about them…
- Fall Quilt and Harvest ArrangementFall is a time for family, pumpkin spice lattes, and the changing colors of leaves. It’s also a perfect excuse to make your home cozy with new decor including a comfy quilt and pretty floral arrangements. One way you can incorporate fall into your decorating style this season is by using natural materials like quilts…