New Fall Fall Room Decor – Rugs
Fall is quickly approaching, which means it’s time to start thinking about your new fall room decor. One of my favorites things to switch out first is a rug! Today on the blog we are going to talk about fall area rugs and where to find them.
This post does contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you choose to make a purchase. Thank you for supporting my blog.
Fall Room Decor Tips
So what do you need to consider before purchasing a new rug?
First and foremost, size! You want something that will fit in your space without being too big or small. I like to have rugs around my home to add color and texture to the rooms.
This is what the space looked like before I added the rug!
Yep, this floor definitely needs a facelift. That’s where the cute rugs come in!
The rug I added to the space is from Boutique Rugs and is under my kitchen sink and I love that it’s plusher and more comfortable. Let’s be real I spend a ton of time here and it helps to have a soft rug under my feet.
The rug is called the Coalburn rug and I got the 2’6″ x 4′ size and it’s perfect here!
Head over to their site and use code HUDSON60 for 60% off a rug of your own!
I also have two little girls that love to help me with the dishes and they use their little step stool
We don’t have the floors of my dreams so I like to add pretty rugs throughout my home and the quality of this rug is so nice!
This is exactly what the Coalburn rug looks like in person. It’s a tad darker here but I didn’t filter it or edit it to give you the true colors. But there’s a shadow a bit so it’s a bit darker here than in person.
I will definitely be buying this rug in a larger size! The thickness and plushness of this rug are amazing!
Finding the Right Rug for Your Home
My next tip is to find out if you are looking for a traditional rug or a more modern look? I tend to stick with the traditional farmhouse rugs and have found that I like more neutral colors for most of the year but during fall I like to go a bit darker and add in some color.
Once you decide that then you can narrow down your search results on their website.
And now for the last tip to buying a new rug!
Lastly, think about how much traffic your room sees on a daily basis and where the rug will be placed (i.e., high-traffic rooms should have durable rugs).
Like this one, I placed it in front of our back door. I wanted a tad darker one you won’t be able to easily see any dirt tracked in from the outside.
As you can see below it’s a bit off not having a rug in front of both french doors. I like it better with the smaller rug next to it for foot traffic.
I got the Malcolm Rug in 2′ x 2’11 and it also fits here great. To get your own rug use code HUDSON60 for 60% off!
I love decorating with rugs and adding them to rooms in my house. I am happy to share that I also have a code for 60% off any rug at Boutique Rugs.
Use code HUDSON60
I love that these rugs are smaller so I can added them to different rooms but for now I love where they are and how they fit in my farmhouse!
If you liked this post make sure to read some of my other home decor posts below and don;t forget to pin for later!
- Best Rustic Christmas DecorFind the best rustic Christmas decor here! It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! And what better way to get into the spirit of the season than with some rustic Christmas decor. We have gathered our favorite pieces from around the web to give you some inspiration for your own space. Hope you enjoy…
- 5 Rustic Farmhouse Bedding Set ideasTime to refresh your bedroom with some fun rustic farmhouse bedding set ideas. Let’s take your bedroom from drab to fab with some color and warmth! There are so many ways to give your home a fresh new look and feel, but if you’re looking for something simple yet effective then try adding some earth…
- Rustic Farmhouse Winter Posters and FramesThis winter you can add some rustic farmhouse posters and frames to your decor and make it extra festive. I love adding artwork to my mantle and this Christmas the deer and winter trees were a hit. This post does contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you choose to make…
- Antique Faux Fireplace mantleI’ve got the cutest antique faux fire[lace mantle for you guys! This one is a beauty and won’t break the bank! I have always wanted to have a fireplace or mantle to decorate and now I do! The best part is I had it delivered to the house and it took no time at all…
- Cozy Fall Home Decor IdeasLet’s chat about fall farmhouse home decor ideas! Who doesn’t love a cozy fall evening? The leaves are changing, the air is crisp and fireplaces are lit. Fall is the perfect time to curl up with friends and enjoy some hot cocoa while you swap stories about your latest work projects. But don’t let all…