New Fall Fall Room Decor – Rugs
Fall is quickly approaching, which means it’s time to start thinking about your new fall room decor. One of my favorites things to switch out first is a rug! Today on the blog we are going to talk about fall area rugs and where to find them.
This post does contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you choose to make a purchase. Thank you for supporting my blog.
Fall Room Decor Tips
So what do you need to consider before purchasing a new rug?
First and foremost, size! You want something that will fit in your space without being too big or small. I like to have rugs around my home to add color and texture to the rooms.
This is what the space looked like before I added the rug!
Yep, this floor definitely needs a facelift. That’s where the cute rugs come in!
The rug I added to the space is from Boutique Rugs and is under my kitchen sink and I love that it’s plusher and more comfortable. Let’s be real I spend a ton of time here and it helps to have a soft rug under my feet.
The rug is called the Coalburn rug and I got the 2’6″ x 4′ size and it’s perfect here!
Head over to their site and use code HUDSON60 for 60% off a rug of your own!
I also have two little girls that love to help me with the dishes and they use their little step stool
We don’t have the floors of my dreams so I like to add pretty rugs throughout my home and the quality of this rug is so nice!
This is exactly what the Coalburn rug looks like in person. It’s a tad darker here but I didn’t filter it or edit it to give you the true colors. But there’s a shadow a bit so it’s a bit darker here than in person.
I will definitely be buying this rug in a larger size! The thickness and plushness of this rug are amazing!
Finding the Right Rug for Your Home
My next tip is to find out if you are looking for a traditional rug or a more modern look? I tend to stick with the traditional farmhouse rugs and have found that I like more neutral colors for most of the year but during fall I like to go a bit darker and add in some color.
Once you decide that then you can narrow down your search results on their website.
And now for the last tip to buying a new rug!
Lastly, think about how much traffic your room sees on a daily basis and where the rug will be placed (i.e., high-traffic rooms should have durable rugs).
Like this one, I placed it in front of our back door. I wanted a tad darker one you won’t be able to easily see any dirt tracked in from the outside.
As you can see below it’s a bit off not having a rug in front of both french doors. I like it better with the smaller rug next to it for foot traffic.
I got the Malcolm Rug in 2′ x 2’11 and it also fits here great. To get your own rug use code HUDSON60 for 60% off!
I love decorating with rugs and adding them to rooms in my house. I am happy to share that I also have a code for 60% off any rug at Boutique Rugs.
Use code HUDSON60
I love that these rugs are smaller so I can added them to different rooms but for now I love where they are and how they fit in my farmhouse!
If you liked this post make sure to read some of my other home decor posts below and don;t forget to pin for later!
- Fall Living Room DecorFall is quickly approaching, and for many of us, that means changing up the living room. With the change in season comes a need to switch out summer decor with more warm colors and autumn decor pieces. The best part about this time of year is it’s easy to create your own personal space by…
- How to Get Your Kids to Appreciate Hiking in NatureWould you like to bond with your kids while making great, lasting memories? If so, then it’s worth considering staying off the beaten path and going hiking with your little ones. CNN states that hiking in nature is beneficial for the mind and body. And that goes for kids and parents alike. Outdoor adventures can foster…
- Fall Decor Faux VegetablesLet’s talk about fall decor with faux vegetables. You might not think it’s possible to decorate your home for the fall without having a pumpkin in sight, but I’m here to show you otherwise. With faux vegetables, you can get that cozy feeling of autumn without buying a ton of pumpkins and worry about them…
- Fall Quilt and Harvest ArrangementFall is a time for family, pumpkin spice lattes, and the changing colors of leaves. It’s also a perfect excuse to make your home cozy with new decor including a comfy quilt and pretty floral arrangements. One way you can incorporate fall into your decorating style this season is by using natural materials like quilts…
- Fall Harvest Tablescape with Fresh VegetablesHey, everyone time for a fall harvest tablescape with fresh vegetables! Fall is here and it’s time to decorate for the season. The best way to do that is with a tablescape, of course. I’m going to show you how to set up a fall harvest tablescape using fresh vegetables. This will not only look…