New Fall Fall Room Decor – Rugs
Fall is quickly approaching, which means it’s time to start thinking about your new fall room decor. One of my favorites things to switch out first is a rug! Today on the blog we are going to talk about fall area rugs and where to find them.
This post does contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you choose to make a purchase. Thank you for supporting my blog.
Fall Room Decor Tips
So what do you need to consider before purchasing a new rug?
First and foremost, size! You want something that will fit in your space without being too big or small. I like to have rugs around my home to add color and texture to the rooms.
This is what the space looked like before I added the rug!
Yep, this floor definitely needs a facelift. That’s where the cute rugs come in!
The rug I added to the space is from Boutique Rugs and is under my kitchen sink and I love that it’s plusher and more comfortable. Let’s be real I spend a ton of time here and it helps to have a soft rug under my feet.
The rug is called the Coalburn rug and I got the 2’6″ x 4′ size and it’s perfect here!
Head over to their site and use code HUDSON60 for 60% off a rug of your own!
I also have two little girls that love to help me with the dishes and they use their little step stool
We don’t have the floors of my dreams so I like to add pretty rugs throughout my home and the quality of this rug is so nice!
This is exactly what the Coalburn rug looks like in person. It’s a tad darker here but I didn’t filter it or edit it to give you the true colors. But there’s a shadow a bit so it’s a bit darker here than in person.
I will definitely be buying this rug in a larger size! The thickness and plushness of this rug are amazing!
Finding the Right Rug for Your Home
My next tip is to find out if you are looking for a traditional rug or a more modern look? I tend to stick with the traditional farmhouse rugs and have found that I like more neutral colors for most of the year but during fall I like to go a bit darker and add in some color.
Once you decide that then you can narrow down your search results on their website.
And now for the last tip to buying a new rug!
Lastly, think about how much traffic your room sees on a daily basis and where the rug will be placed (i.e., high-traffic rooms should have durable rugs).
Like this one, I placed it in front of our back door. I wanted a tad darker one you won’t be able to easily see any dirt tracked in from the outside.
As you can see below it’s a bit off not having a rug in front of both french doors. I like it better with the smaller rug next to it for foot traffic.
I got the Malcolm Rug in 2′ x 2’11 and it also fits here great. To get your own rug use code HUDSON60 for 60% off!
I love decorating with rugs and adding them to rooms in my house. I am happy to share that I also have a code for 60% off any rug at Boutique Rugs.
Use code HUDSON60
I love that these rugs are smaller so I can added them to different rooms but for now I love where they are and how they fit in my farmhouse!
If you liked this post make sure to read some of my other home decor posts below and don;t forget to pin for later!
- 5 Best Places for to buy Fresh Garland onlineChristmas is coming, and with it comes the need to start decorating, and this year I love fresh Christmas garlands. No need to hunt it down just have it delivered to your door. That way, you have plenty of time for decorating and designing the perfect space. You can still find fresh garland at this…
- Western Baby Shower IdeasLooking for trendy and unique western baby shower ideas? Let’s go! Having a baby is one of the most exciting times in a woman’s life. And what better way to celebrate than with a western-themed baby shower? From decorations to food, these ideas will help you throw the perfect cowboy-inspired party for your little one.…
- Minimal Modern Farmhouse Christmas tree – with Ribbon and ornamentsIt’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! If you’re looking for inspiration for your holiday decorating, look no further than this modern farmhouse Christmas tree. With brown and gold ornaments, ribbon, and lights, it’s the perfect mix of rustic and farmhouse styles. Keep reading for more Christmas decor ideas to get you in the…
- Free Christmas Art Prints – Cute Decor IdeaLooking for some free Christmas art prints or winter prints to help decorate your home this winter? We’ve got you covered! Below, we have a collection of festive and winter-themed art prints that you can download and print for free. Whether you’re looking for a cheerful holiday decoration or something to add some extra seasonal…
- Hudson Farmhouse Freebie PasswordThank you so much for signing up for my newsletter. Below is the password with no caps hudsonfarmhousefamily Please, please, please save this page, bookmark it, and save the password somewhere because you will most likely want to get back in in the future and will have to message me for the password again, and…