This easy foil packet shrimp and sausage recipe is going to be your new family favorite. One of the best parts of the recipe is you can add and subtract things to use what you have!
This easy foil packet shrimp and sausage recipe is pretty healthy for you too. The potatoes are the worst part but easily can be substituted for other items. You can also use turkey sausage to save on fat from the sausage.
Other ingredients you can add or substitute for are squash, zucchini, corn (cut into quarters), bell peppers, and chicken and steak.
Easy Foil Packet Shrimp and Sausage Recipe
1 lb shrimp (frozen and thawed or fresh)
1 16 oz (or any package size) sausage
4 or 5 Red potatoes
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow onion
4 tblsp butter
2 tblsp seafood seasoning ( I used Traegers)
1 tbsp Cajun or Creole Seasoning
1 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
Parsley and lemon wedges optional
- Dice onions and veggies and cut sausage into little rounds
- In a large bowl combine the shrimp, sausage, and veggies you have.
- In a smaller bowl combine butter and spices
- Toss everything together to combine
- Create foil packets and place mixture in the middle of them. Create 2 or 4 packets and make sure there is room for the air to circulate.
- Grill on medium heat for 0 minutes then flip them over and grill for an additional 5 minutes. On my Traeger I had it set to 350F.
- TO bake in the oven, preheat to 400 and bake for 15 to 20 minutes
- Serve hot and add fresh parsley and lemon wedges if wanted.
If you like this easy foil packet shrimp & sausage recipe check out my other recipes! Try the farmhouse chili recipe.