Easy Christmas Potpourri DIY Jars
It’s the most festive time of the year and now your house can smell super festive with little effort and items you probably already have around the house!
Making homemade Christmas potpourri is super easy and also makes a great homemade Christmas gift!
Christmas Potpourri DIY Recipe
- mason jar with lid
- cinnamon sticks
- fruit (oranges, lemons, etc.)
- fresh rosemary
- essential oils
- Cut up fruit in slices and add to the jar.
- Add the remaining items of your choosing to the jar. Whatever you like the smell of!
- Fill the rest of the jar up with water.
- If you want you can add in essential oils now.
- Close the jar and decorate to give away!
- Once ready to use just open the jar and dump contents into a pan on the stove. Let simmer for as long as you want! Your house will smell amazing!
Holiday Potpurri DIY
This is something that I love making because it is so easy but also because they are so cute! They make inexpensive homemade Christmas gifts for loved ones.
I always hear the best things from the people I gift the jars too and it makes me smile thinking that I can make their home smell so special during the holidays.
Here’s me using some in my own home 🙂
What to Put Inside Holiday Potpourri DIY
You can really put anything you want inside of the jars as long as it smells good or looks cute in the jar! I put oranges, cinnamon sticks, vanilla bean, blueberries (gives it the red tint), rosemary, and essential oils.
Here are a list of other ingredients to try:
- all spice
- pine sprigs
- apple cider
Pinterest Christmas Potpourri DIY
I love seeing all the pretty jars and wanted to share some others from Pinterest so you can see how easy it is and how pretty they can be!
You can add labels, tags, or stickers to decorate with too!