Blogging Planners – Free or Buyable
I seriously could not live without my blogging planners! We all know that running a successful blog takes careful planning and tons of promoting. Throw in affiliates, mailing lists, guest posts, tracking stats, giveaways, and taking pictures and actual writing the blogging it quickly becomes a full-time job! With so many areas needing your attention, it can often be hard to keep track of everything and stay organized. That is why I have compiled a list of free and buyable blog planners.
Why Use Blogging Planners
First, up why use a blogging planner instead of a typical one? Easy, blogging planners track way more stuff than a normal planner. Here are a few of the things they track along with a normal calendar and day or month slots.
This post does contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you choose to make a purchase. To learn more scroll to the bottom of the page to the footer. To share this post or a photo you can hover over the images or scroll to the bottom of the post. Each nd every share helps my blog so much. Thank you!
Blog Post Ideas
Here is where you should write down every single idea for a blog post that comes to your head. Don’t worry about sorting them or if they are good or not, just jot it down. I use a planner page, but you could just jot them down on a day or note section.
Writing down your blog post ideas accomplishes a few things:
- It frees you up to think about other things since you don’t have to try to remember them all in your head
- You always have a “vault” of ideas to write about instead of having to come up with new ideas on your own every time
- You can start to see patterns and “clumps” of ones that you could write a series about Affiliates and Sponsorships
One of the things that I love (and hate) doing is finding great products to promote on my website through sponsorships or affiliate programs. You have to keep track of what’s working and what’s not. And you have to keep track of who you have reached out to and who hasn’t answered yet. You can’t reach out just once! You should be following up with these people in two days, two weeks and two months if you have not heard back yet from them. Make them remember who you are…
You can do this is a monthly calendar or even on a separate tracker. Whichever is easier for you just make sure it’s on the list of things to keep track of in your blog planner.
Blog Goals and History
They say what you track increases and it is actually fun to track your blog’s progress in the search engines! Some of the things that I track each month are:
- # of visits to my website
- # of views on my site (unique and pageviews)
- time on site
- pages visited
- bounce rate
- top sources
- top traffic posts
- top keyword rankings
These are all things that will show what is working best for my blog. My planner from Purple Trail has a section every day to keep track of all of this and even a little check mark to check them off. It’s intended to make sure you post to them frequently as well. Below is an example of the options in my planner. There are a ton of killer other options for this too I will post later on. Score the planner stickers in the photo here!
Keep Track of Income
If you are a blogger, chances are you have income coming in a myriad of different ways. It is super important to be track this so you know where your efforts are most effective. You have to keep track to see where your time is better spent.
For example, I make my main income doing a few different things. I am a surface pattern designer, stock photographer, and I run this blog. Right now since my blog is new I don’t make as much as the other two sources. Soon I will when I start offering advertising on my site. This is a plunge I haven’t taken yet because as a reader I hate ads but as a blogger, it’s a great way to make an income.
Free Blog Planner Printables
Instead of making you scroll to the good stuff I will just start with the free stuff first. Free blog planner printables! They are free but you have to print them. But since they are printable you can print them as many times a s you want!
- Blog Traffic Planner by Elna of TwinsMommy
- I love this blog traffic planner my Elna of TwinsMommy. (You’ll be seeing her again in a second). Elna breaks down exactly what you should do every week, month and overall in a year to make sure your traffic goes up with spending a dime. Plus she even though in a bonus mini-course all about making money blogging. Grab the planner here.
2. The Definitive Blogging Planner by Kate Doster
What’s included in the free blog planner:
- A – 30 Day Launch Your Blog Action Plan – Where I give you one quick but vital task to do help launching your brand new (profitable) blog
- Yearly, Monthly & Quarterly Goal & Intention Setting Worksheets
- Blogging Foundations Worksheet – Where you get crystal clear on your readers, main blogging categories and start mapping out blog post ideas
- Monthly Editorial Calendar
- Blog Post Planner & Promotions Kit
- Weekly To Do Lists
- Daily Journaling Prompts & Reviews
- And so much more.
And you can get your hands on it completely for free. Just click here to sign up for the Definitive Blogging Planner(must sign up for email).
3. Free Weekly Printable Planner
This awesome free weekly planner is from Three Little Monkey Studio. Print these off and make your own weekly planner for the your blog and business.
4. Blog Printable Planner
Isn’t this free printable blog planner just so darn cute? It’s 66 pages of actionable pages that include:
- 12 month-at-a-glance pages with a monthly focus list
- room to track reviews and giveaways
- space to jot notes and ideas
- weekly post trackers, including social media reminders
- yearly goals and objectives
- monthly website analytics tracker: RSS, Facebook, Twitter, etc…
- a place to keep track of affiliate program info
- and more!
5. The Ultimate Blog Planner Kit
For a sleek and chic blog planner that has it all, get this Ultimate Blog Planner kit. It’s for full-time bloggers who want to increase their income and traffic.
You’ll get brainstorming pages, places to keep your affiliates, Facebook advertising, usernames and passwords and more.
6. Blog Printable Planner
This is a great planner to help you organize your blog in no time. Not only do you get a monthly blog posting calendar, but you also get a weekly blog posting calendar, blog post brainstorming sheets, finance tracker, sponsors, stats and analytics and more. Just print and use. Then keep printing the ones you like.
Get Organized with these awesome blogging planners
Blog Planners that You Can Buy
I do not like printing and having a ton of papers. It can be more cost effective sometimes but sometimes it’s just easy to order something and have it delivered to your front door. I like this option myself. Some of these you can even find at Micheals or Walmart if you are lucky enough to have one in your town (I don’t).
Purple Trail blogging planners are my favorite like I said before. The fact that you can design the front and back covers is what sold me on mine. You can do spiral bound or sewn book. They also have the cutest designs like the one above. Below are a few more of my favorites.
The Happy Planner™ is an expandable planner system that beautifully combines your need for creativity with your love for the organization. After you purchase the planner, your inner creative genius gets to shine by embellishing your planner with washi tape, stickers, decorative paper, labels and more. The possibilities are endless, but they can also get a little pricey. Click the image above to shop.
Erin Codren Planners
- The FULL YEAR 2019 PLANNER: A dated January – December 2019 calendar is ideal for lesson planning and getting organized for the year!
- GOAL SETTING: Dedicated goal-setting pages, a communication log, and yearly planning page make this the most premium lesson planner ever!
- CHECKLISTS: 7 pages of double-sided checklists are ideal for coordinating the chaos of the classroom however you choose!
- LUXURIOUS: Our rich & thick Mohawk 80# paper ensures an optimum and luxurious planning experience
- Click the image above to shop them
- Thank you so much for stopping by and letting me talk about blogging planners. I know blogging can be tough but it is so much easier when you are organized. If you want to buy some printable planner stickers head here and if you want to snag a set of free unicorn planner stickers head here.