A Place to Gather and Relax – My Farmhouse Sitting Area
I don’t know about you but with everything going on I get a bit overwhelmed at times. I am now a mom, teacher, and business owner, and juggling it all can be tough at times. That is why I decided I needed a little area in my home to relax and be comfy.
A place where I can go and sit and read a book or browse on Pinterest in a comfy spot. I love scrolling through Pinterest and getting inspired and finding those yummy recipes!
I shared my mood board a couple of weeks ago on the blog for my inspiration and now I can share what came to be! This fun farmhouse sitting area is going to be a favorite spot of mine for a long time!
This post is in partnership with Lamps Plus. As always, concepts, photos, and all content are my own.
Farmhouse Chairs in the Living Room
What would a sitting area be without the perfect farmhouse chairs? I found my tufted chairs from Lamps Plus. The quality of their items is top-notch and the beauty of the chairs is as well!
Not only are they super cute but they are soft and comfy too! I love the distressed legs and the shape of them add such a vintage feel.
When looking to make your living room or family room more comfy and functional I highly suggest adding some chairs in. Adding in a chair or two saves on space instead of trying to add another couch or sofa.
Take a look at some of the details on these chairs in my farmhouse sitting area.
Living Room Lighting
What would be a comfy sitting area to read in and relax in without any lighting? I have already enjoyed reading a book in this spot and my two girls love sitting and playing legos on the table here so they can sit in the chairs.
This gorgeous floor lamp with a cream shade is also from Lamps Plus. Here is the description from the website and it made me fall in love with this lamp immediately.
Sleek, sophisticated elegance has been created in this classically styled floor lamp by Barnes and Ivy. An appealing soft palette is created with a pickled wood finish and oatmeal linen shade. This lovely lamp operates with twin pull-chain switches.Lamps Plus
The floor lamp even came with two light bulbs bonus because I was actually out of them too! The stand on the lamp is heavy and sturdy! It took me less than 3 minutes to put it together and I love it!
Farmhouse Sitting Area Inspiration
I hope some of my photos for my new farmhouse sitting area will inspire others to make a comfy spot for themselves as well! It was a fun project to do and I love how it turned out!
Take a look at the photos below and make sure to pin for later too!
Living Room Chairs
If you liked these chairs please do me a favor and pin them for later! Check out my other recent posts and let me know what you think by commenting below!
- Rustic Farmhouse Winter Posters and FramesThis winter you can add some rustic farmhouse posters and frames to your decor and make it extra festive. I love adding artwork to my mantle and this Christmas the deer and winter trees were a hit. This post does contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you choose to make…
- Antique Faux Fireplace mantleI’ve got the cutest antique faux fire[lace mantle for you guys! This one is a beauty and won’t break the bank! I have always wanted to have a fireplace or mantle to decorate and now I do! The best part is I had it delivered to the house and it took no time at all…
- Cozy Fall Home Decor IdeasLet’s chat about fall farmhouse home decor ideas! Who doesn’t love a cozy fall evening? The leaves are changing, the air is crisp and fireplaces are lit. Fall is the perfect time to curl up with friends and enjoy some hot cocoa while you swap stories about your latest work projects. But don’t let all…
- Fall Living Room DecorFall is quickly approaching, and for many of us, that means changing up the living room. With the change in season comes a need to switch out summer decor with more warm colors and autumn decor pieces. The best part about this time of year is it’s easy to create your own personal space by…
- Fall Decor Faux VegetablesLet’s talk about fall decor with faux vegetables. You might not think it’s possible to decorate your home for the fall without having a pumpkin in sight, but I’m here to show you otherwise. With faux vegetables, you can get that cozy feeling of autumn without buying a ton of pumpkins and worry about them…