A Place to Gather and Relax – My Farmhouse Sitting Area
I don’t know about you but with everything going on I get a bit overwhelmed at times. I am now a mom, teacher, and business owner, and juggling it all can be tough at times. That is why I decided I needed a little area in my home to relax and be comfy.
A place where I can go and sit and read a book or browse on Pinterest in a comfy spot. I love scrolling through Pinterest and getting inspired and finding those yummy recipes!
I shared my mood board a couple of weeks ago on the blog for my inspiration and now I can share what came to be! This fun farmhouse sitting area is going to be a favorite spot of mine for a long time!
This post is in partnership with Lamps Plus. As always, concepts, photos, and all content are my own.
Farmhouse Chairs in the Living Room
What would a sitting area be without the perfect farmhouse chairs? I found my tufted chairs from Lamps Plus. The quality of their items is top-notch and the beauty of the chairs is as well!
Not only are they super cute but they are soft and comfy too! I love the distressed legs and the shape of them add such a vintage feel.
When looking to make your living room or family room more comfy and functional I highly suggest adding some chairs in. Adding in a chair or two saves on space instead of trying to add another couch or sofa.
Take a look at some of the details on these chairs in my farmhouse sitting area.
Living Room Lighting
What would be a comfy sitting area to read in and relax in without any lighting? I have already enjoyed reading a book in this spot and my two girls love sitting and playing legos on the table here so they can sit in the chairs.
This gorgeous floor lamp with a cream shade is also from Lamps Plus. Here is the description from the website and it made me fall in love with this lamp immediately.
Sleek, sophisticated elegance has been created in this classically styled floor lamp by Barnes and Ivy. An appealing soft palette is created with a pickled wood finish and oatmeal linen shade. This lovely lamp operates with twin pull-chain switches.Lamps Plus
The floor lamp even came with two light bulbs bonus because I was actually out of them too! The stand on the lamp is heavy and sturdy! It took me less than 3 minutes to put it together and I love it!
Farmhouse Sitting Area Inspiration
I hope some of my photos for my new farmhouse sitting area will inspire others to make a comfy spot for themselves as well! It was a fun project to do and I love how it turned out!
Take a look at the photos below and make sure to pin for later too!
Living Room Chairs
If you liked these chairs please do me a favor and pin them for later! Check out my other recent posts and let me know what you think by commenting below!
- Farmhouse Mini Living Room MakeoverHave you ever just looked at a room and just wanted to change it up so bad? That was me a few months ago and I just really wanted to change. After Covid hit, we hung out in our living room a lot, watched tv and played games, and relaxed with the family. It served…
- Cinco De Mayo Tablescape with vintage DishesCinco de Mayo is such a fun thing to celebrate and I have these vintage pink and blue dishes for a long time now I finally was able to do a tablescape with them. Being festive is so much fun sometimes and getting my girls into the spirit is a blessing as well. I was…
- farmhouse Cabinet – Chippy StorageI just got this really awesome farmhouse cabinet that has tons of storage and is on wheels! I saw this at a local antique shop and had to have it. My house has zero storage or closest space so I am constantly looking for things to store my decor in! Let’s be real I have…
- Mothers Day tablescapes – Flowers – LinensMothers Day is right around the corner and I wanted to inspire you to go all out for your mom! These photos are going to be bright and cheery and you will want to make your own killer tablescape after seeing all the pretty pictures. Next week when it gets a little closer and I…
- Spring Decor with Dsitressed Wood ArchSpring is in the air and I love decorating for it. I wanted to share some of my spring decor with you and a new arch mirror I got. the mirror is lovely and I absolutely love it and couldn’t wait to style it with some spring flowers and eggs. Spring is always so fun…