A Place to Gather and Relax – My Farmhouse Sitting Area
I don’t know about you but with everything going on I get a bit overwhelmed at times. I am now a mom, teacher, and business owner, and juggling it all can be tough at times. That is why I decided I needed a little area in my home to relax and be comfy.
A place where I can go and sit and read a book or browse on Pinterest in a comfy spot. I love scrolling through Pinterest and getting inspired and finding those yummy recipes!
I shared my mood board a couple of weeks ago on the blog for my inspiration and now I can share what came to be! This fun farmhouse sitting area is going to be a favorite spot of mine for a long time!
This post is in partnership with Lamps Plus. As always, concepts, photos, and all content are my own.
Farmhouse Chairs in the Living Room
What would a sitting area be without the perfect farmhouse chairs? I found my tufted chairs from Lamps Plus. The quality of their items is top-notch and the beauty of the chairs is as well!
Not only are they super cute but they are soft and comfy too! I love the distressed legs and the shape of them add such a vintage feel.
When looking to make your living room or family room more comfy and functional I highly suggest adding some chairs in. Adding in a chair or two saves on space instead of trying to add another couch or sofa.
Take a look at some of the details on these chairs in my farmhouse sitting area.
Living Room Lighting
What would be a comfy sitting area to read in and relax in without any lighting? I have already enjoyed reading a book in this spot and my two girls love sitting and playing legos on the table here so they can sit in the chairs.
This gorgeous floor lamp with a cream shade is also from Lamps Plus. Here is the description from the website and it made me fall in love with this lamp immediately.
Sleek, sophisticated elegance has been created in this classically styled floor lamp by Barnes and Ivy. An appealing soft palette is created with a pickled wood finish and oatmeal linen shade. This lovely lamp operates with twin pull-chain switches.Lamps Plus
The floor lamp even came with two light bulbs bonus because I was actually out of them too! The stand on the lamp is heavy and sturdy! It took me less than 3 minutes to put it together and I love it!
Farmhouse Sitting Area Inspiration
I hope some of my photos for my new farmhouse sitting area will inspire others to make a comfy spot for themselves as well! It was a fun project to do and I love how it turned out!
Take a look at the photos below and make sure to pin for later too!
Living Room Chairs
If you liked these chairs please do me a favor and pin them for later! Check out my other recent posts and let me know what you think by commenting below!
- Farmhouse Valentine’s Day Decor – Old Red Books & HeartsWith two young girls who love Valentine’s Day we have a lot of fun decorating for it here. I styled this corner shelf in our dining room with some old red books and heart garland. Do you normally decorate for Valentines Day or no? We don’t go crazy but I do like to be festive…
- how to decorate a Farmhouse Entrance TableHow to decorate a farmhouse entry table the easy way! I will show you what elements and decor to use to make it look cute and welcoming. Over the last couple of years, entrance tables have become more popular and have become a staple in some homes. I love seeing cute tables decorated right when…
- Farmhouse Coffee Bar Ideas and DecorCaffeine and pretty decor are always a must! I myself like ice tea more but I still love a cute coffee bar or coffee area. Today I want to share some inspiration with you and some coffee bar decor! Whether you like it dark or extra sweet there’s no reason why you can’t have a…
- Easy Christmas Potpourri DIY JarsIt’s the most festive time of the year and now your house can smell super festive with little effort and items you probably already have around the house! Making homemade Christmas potpourri is super easy and also makes a great homemade Christmas gift! Christmas Potpourri DIY Recipe mason jar with lid cinnamon sticks fruit (oranges,…
- Farmhouse Bedroom Bedding and Decor that won’t break the bankOur bedrooms are sanctuaries and need to be comfy and cute! My farmhouse bedroom needed a makeover bad and I was so excited when it was finally time! We had all handy down furniture and our mattress was literally super lumpy and old. It was time for us to get all new stuff! We have…