5 Ways to Master Fall Front Porch Decor without Breaking a Sweat
I have to admit, I love the fall season! The decorations, the spices, the delicious smells—all of it. One of my favorite things about fall is seeing the beautiful porch decorations. So in today’s blog, I’m giving you several fall porch ideas that I think you’ll love.
So first thing’s first… you’ll want to decorate your porch with a color scheme in mind. If you use fall colors like yellow, orange, red, and white, consider using mums as a beautiful accent on your porch.
Mums are a statement fall piece and I have a whole blog post dedicated to taking care of them check it out! Plus this post contains affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you choose to make a purchase thank you for supporting my family!
Fall Front Porch Ideas
I love this setup because they have the red potted mums accented by the orange, white and yellow gourds. Plus, I’m always a fan of the farmhouse chic look, so the bench, window frame, basin, and lantern are great pieces to add, I think.
Using anything chippy and wood is also great for texture!
If you really want to lean into the holiday theme, you can add a lot more pumpkins, like this family did:
The bright orange of the pumpkins stands out next to the few white and gold pumpkins.
Speaking of which, white pumpkins are a classy way to decorate for fall, adding a touch of farmhouse chic. In fact, you can add a lot of white to your fall décor without losing the autumn feel. Distressing some white paint on your pumpkins, furniture, and flower pots not only brightens the entire setup, but it also catches the eye.
Below are some fun porch fall decorations you may consider!
Add Ambience to your front porch
Adding holiday lights is another great way to add some extra sparkle to your fall porch décor. To avoid a Christmasy look, though, stay away from the traditional multicolored lights and focus on lights that are all white or that have fall-themed colors.
Lanterns are a great piece to add to your décor set—no matter the season. For the autumn season, you can set them out on your porch totally empty or filled with unlit candles or pinecones and orange leaves. Check out the lanterns above!
Pumpkin wreaths add an additional festive flair to your fall porch ideas. I’ve seen some really beautiful pumpkin wreaths. Some have small pumpkins with burgundy and white roses, others feature mums and daisies, and still others highlight the pumpkins with subtle greenery and pinecones.
I love seeing peoples wreaths on their front doors when driving by! I like how these wreaths have hangers that are the same colors as the doors too! I might have to paint mine they are jsut plain metal right now.
And don’t forget your fall-themed welcome mats! There are some seriously adorable fall doormats out there—and in tons of different styles. Shabby chic farmhouse doormats are a gorgeous centerpiece for your fall porch décor.
You can even purchase custom farmhouse mats that feature your family’s name. The possibilities are endless! Here I love how each one of these are layered with another mat. The stripes are cool and the plaid. I like that size differences too!
Take a look at some fall front door mats below!
You have a lot of options when it comes to decorating your porch for fall. Try a few of these fall porch ideas out and see which setups you like best! Then, go ahead and post a photo of your favorite setup on Instagram—and don’t forget to tag me, @hudsonfarmhouse!
And if you want more ideas for how to decorate your home for the fall with farmhouse décor, check out this blog post. Make sure to pin for later and check out my latest blog posts below!
- DIY Accent Wall Refresh with Green PaintLooking to do a DIY refresh to your home or space? Why not try painting an accent wall green? It’s a great way to add some life and energy to a room without going too crazy. And it’s really easy to do – you don’t need any special skills or equipment. So why not give…
- 10 Favorite Spring Home Decor IDeas that make me happyNow that the weather is finally starting to warm up, it’s time to start thinking about spring home decor! These are my 10 favorite ideas for making your home bright and cheerful this season. I hope they inspire you to create a space you love spending time in. Happy decorating! I have compiled a few…
- Best Rustic Christmas DecorFind the best rustic Christmas decor here! It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! And what better way to get into the spirit of the season than with some rustic Christmas decor. We have gathered our favorite pieces from around the web to give you some inspiration for your own space. Hope you enjoy…
- 5 Rustic Farmhouse Bedding Set ideasTime to refresh your bedroom with some fun rustic farmhouse bedding set ideas. Let’s take your bedroom from drab to fab with some color and warmth! There are so many ways to give your home a fresh new look and feel, but if you’re looking for something simple yet effective then try adding some earth…
- Rustic Farmhouse Winter Posters and FramesThis winter you can add some rustic farmhouse posters and frames to your decor and make it extra festive. I love adding artwork to my mantle and this Christmas the deer and winter trees were a hit. This post does contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you choose to make…