5 Ways to Master Fall Front Porch Decor without Breaking a Sweat
I have to admit, I love the fall season! The decorations, the spices, the delicious smells—all of it. One of my favorite things about fall is seeing the beautiful porch decorations. So in today’s blog, I’m giving you several fall porch ideas that I think you’ll love.
So first thing’s first… you’ll want to decorate your porch with a color scheme in mind. If you use fall colors like yellow, orange, red, and white, consider using mums as a beautiful accent on your porch.
Mums are a statement fall piece and I have a whole blog post dedicated to taking care of them check it out! Plus this post contains affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you choose to make a purchase thank you for supporting my family!
Fall Front Porch Ideas
I love this setup because they have the red potted mums accented by the orange, white and yellow gourds. Plus, I’m always a fan of the farmhouse chic look, so the bench, window frame, basin, and lantern are great pieces to add, I think.
Using anything chippy and wood is also great for texture!
If you really want to lean into the holiday theme, you can add a lot more pumpkins, like this family did:
The bright orange of the pumpkins stands out next to the few white and gold pumpkins.
Speaking of which, white pumpkins are a classy way to decorate for fall, adding a touch of farmhouse chic. In fact, you can add a lot of white to your fall décor without losing the autumn feel. Distressing some white paint on your pumpkins, furniture, and flower pots not only brightens the entire setup, but it also catches the eye.
Below are some fun porch fall decorations you may consider!
Add Ambience to your front porch
Adding holiday lights is another great way to add some extra sparkle to your fall porch décor. To avoid a Christmasy look, though, stay away from the traditional multicolored lights and focus on lights that are all white or that have fall-themed colors.
Lanterns are a great piece to add to your décor set—no matter the season. For the autumn season, you can set them out on your porch totally empty or filled with unlit candles or pinecones and orange leaves. Check out the lanterns above!
Pumpkin wreaths add an additional festive flair to your fall porch ideas. I’ve seen some really beautiful pumpkin wreaths. Some have small pumpkins with burgundy and white roses, others feature mums and daisies, and still others highlight the pumpkins with subtle greenery and pinecones.
I love seeing peoples wreaths on their front doors when driving by! I like how these wreaths have hangers that are the same colors as the doors too! I might have to paint mine they are jsut plain metal right now.
And don’t forget your fall-themed welcome mats! There are some seriously adorable fall doormats out there—and in tons of different styles. Shabby chic farmhouse doormats are a gorgeous centerpiece for your fall porch décor.
You can even purchase custom farmhouse mats that feature your family’s name. The possibilities are endless! Here I love how each one of these are layered with another mat. The stripes are cool and the plaid. I like that size differences too!
Take a look at some fall front door mats below!
You have a lot of options when it comes to decorating your porch for fall. Try a few of these fall porch ideas out and see which setups you like best! Then, go ahead and post a photo of your favorite setup on Instagram—and don’t forget to tag me, @hudsonfarmhouse!
And if you want more ideas for how to decorate your home for the fall with farmhouse décor, check out this blog post. Make sure to pin for later and check out my latest blog posts below!
- Farmhouse Mini Living Room MakeoverHave you ever just looked at a room and just wanted to change it up so bad? That was me a few months ago and I just really wanted to change. After Covid hit, we hung out in our living room a lot, watched tv and played games, and relaxed with the family. It served…
- Cinco De Mayo Tablescape with vintage DishesCinco de Mayo is such a fun thing to celebrate and I have these vintage pink and blue dishes for a long time now I finally was able to do a tablescape with them. Being festive is so much fun sometimes and getting my girls into the spirit is a blessing as well. I was…
- farmhouse Cabinet – Chippy StorageI just got this really awesome farmhouse cabinet that has tons of storage and is on wheels! I saw this at a local antique shop and had to have it. My house has zero storage or closest space so I am constantly looking for things to store my decor in! Let’s be real I have…
- Mothers Day tablescapes – Flowers – LinensMothers Day is right around the corner and I wanted to inspire you to go all out for your mom! These photos are going to be bright and cheery and you will want to make your own killer tablescape after seeing all the pretty pictures. Next week when it gets a little closer and I…
- Spring Decor with Dsitressed Wood ArchSpring is in the air and I love decorating for it. I wanted to share some of my spring decor with you and a new arch mirror I got. the mirror is lovely and I absolutely love it and couldn’t wait to style it with some spring flowers and eggs. Spring is always so fun…