3 Tips to Decorate with farmhouse home decor
Homes are a reflection of the people living in them. Sometimes our homes reflect who we want to be and other times they tell a story about our past. Regardless, it is important for us to create spaces that feel like home and not just another room on the list.
If you’re looking for some budget-friendly ideas, then this blog post is for you! I’m going to share my favorite farmhouse style decorating tips and my favorite shop with you and tips to decorate your farmhouse.
Invest in Quality Pieces
Tip number one. Buying high-quality items will last longer than cheaper ones which means your investment will pay off over time. This goes for both furniture and decorative items. There’s no need to buy cheap when there are plenty of options available to you.
I have a few places that I always go-to for quality home decor but my favorite is Antique Farmhouse. I love their variety of items and have never been disappointed with the items I have received from them.
I was lucky enough to work with them and create a collection of home decor items that are curated to fit my home and many others. I want to share with you the amazing collection and each item in my home! I also want to share these tips with you to help you decide what to add to your home.
Add Timeless Home Decor Items
Next, up tip number two is to buy and add pieces that are timeless. Pieces that aren’t going to go out of style and will fit with your decor for years to come. For instance, buying these wood shutters. They are something that will match and can be added to any space in my home for years to come.
Finding pieces like this is easy. Typically I try to buy wood or neutral colored items to achieve this. Antique Farmhouse is a great place to shop for items like this.
Take Items Away
Tip number three is to take items away. Put them somewhere else or store them for a bit and bring them back out. I am always switching up pieces to have a fresh new space but I am mostly using all the same items. They call this shopping your home too.
When you take decor and accents from your home and create a new space with them. Most of the pieces on this wall below are not new. A few are but I used things that I have had on hand for years now.
Antique Farmhouse Decor
This lamp and candle holder are also from Antique Farmhouse and I am able to add them to any room in my house and they fit in perfectly. The detail on the lamps is so good.
A Cozy Farmhouse that’s All Yours
The best part of your home is its is adding your own charm. There are so many ideas that you can use to decorate your own cozy farmhouse with Antique Farmhouse items!
Find inspiration from these images and pin on Pinterest for later. I hope you’ve enjoyed this blog post on how to decorate with farmhouse home decor. Let us know what other topics you would like us to cover by commenting below.
Take a look at my latest blog posts for some more inspiration!
- Cozy Fall Farmhouse Decor: Simple IdeasIt’s time for some cozy fall farmhouse decor to warm up our homes. As the leaves begin to change and the air turns crisp, that’s when you know it’s the time of year when our homes beckon for a warm and cozy makeover. If you’re a fan of farmhouse decor and the inviting charm of…
- Rustic Charm: Farmhouse Wall Decor Ideas to Transform Your SpaceWelcome to a world where time stands still, and your home is transformed into a sanctuary of everlasting charm and cozy elegance from your decor. How to do that do you ask? This post is about rustic farmhouse wall decor ideas to help you achieve this! If you’ve ever envisioned turning your living space into…
- Transform Your Home with These Amazon Home FindsTry out these trendy and stylish Amazon home finds to elevate your space and make it cozy. As a lover of home decor, I’m always looking for new and exciting ways to freshen up my home, and I’m here to help you do this as well. Amazon is a fantastic place to find affordable and…
- The Secret to Perfect Bread: Unveiling the Best Bread Machine SuppliesIf you are a bread lover, you know nothing beats the smell and taste of freshly baked bread. Whether a beginner or a seasoned baker, a bread machine can help you easily create delicious homemade loaves. However, you need the right bread machine supplies to achieve the perfect bread every time. This blog post will…
- Novice to Master Baker: With the Oster Bread MachineDo you love the smell of freshly baked bread? Are you tired of spending money on store-bought loaves that don’t measure up? If you’re looking to up your bread-making game and achieve that perfect texture and flavor, the Oster Bread Machine might be just what you need. This post I’ll explore how this handy kitchen…