3 Tips to Decorate with farmhouse home decor
Homes are a reflection of the people living in them. Sometimes our homes reflect who we want to be and other times they tell a story about our past. Regardless, it is important for us to create spaces that feel like home and not just another room on the list.
If you’re looking for some budget-friendly ideas, then this blog post is for you! I’m going to share my favorite farmhouse style decorating tips and my favorite shop with you and tips to decorate your farmhouse.
Invest in Quality Pieces
Tip number one. Buying high-quality items will last longer than cheaper ones which means your investment will pay off over time. This goes for both furniture and decorative items. There’s no need to buy cheap when there are plenty of options available to you.
I have a few places that I always go-to for quality home decor but my favorite is Antique Farmhouse. I love their variety of items and have never been disappointed with the items I have received from them.
I was lucky enough to work with them and create a collection of home decor items that are curated to fit my home and many others. I want to share with you the amazing collection and each item in my home! I also want to share these tips with you to help you decide what to add to your home.
Add Timeless Home Decor Items
Next, up tip number two is to buy and add pieces that are timeless. Pieces that aren’t going to go out of style and will fit with your decor for years to come. For instance, buying these wood shutters. They are something that will match and can be added to any space in my home for years to come.
Finding pieces like this is easy. Typically I try to buy wood or neutral colored items to achieve this. Antique Farmhouse is a great place to shop for items like this.
Take Items Away
Tip number three is to take items away. Put them somewhere else or store them for a bit and bring them back out. I am always switching up pieces to have a fresh new space but I am mostly using all the same items. They call this shopping your home too.
When you take decor and accents from your home and create a new space with them. Most of the pieces on this wall below are not new. A few are but I used things that I have had on hand for years now.
Antique Farmhouse Decor
This lamp and candle holder are also from Antique Farmhouse and I am able to add them to any room in my house and they fit in perfectly. The detail on the lamps is so good.
A Cozy Farmhouse that’s All Yours
The best part of your home is its is adding your own charm. There are so many ideas that you can use to decorate your own cozy farmhouse with Antique Farmhouse items!
Find inspiration from these images and pin on Pinterest for later. I hope you’ve enjoyed this blog post on how to decorate with farmhouse home decor. Let us know what other topics you would like us to cover by commenting below.
Take a look at my latest blog posts for some more inspiration!
- Fall Living Room DecorFall is quickly approaching, and for many of us, that means changing up the living room. With the change in season comes a need to switch out summer decor with more warm colors and autumn decor pieces. The best part about this time of year is it’s easy to create your own personal space by…
- How to Get Your Kids to Appreciate Hiking in NatureWould you like to bond with your kids while making great, lasting memories? If so, then it’s worth considering staying off the beaten path and going hiking with your little ones. CNN states that hiking in nature is beneficial for the mind and body. And that goes for kids and parents alike. Outdoor adventures can foster…
- Fall Decor Faux VegetablesLet’s talk about fall decor with faux vegetables. You might not think it’s possible to decorate your home for the fall without having a pumpkin in sight, but I’m here to show you otherwise. With faux vegetables, you can get that cozy feeling of autumn without buying a ton of pumpkins and worry about them…
- Fall Quilt and Harvest ArrangementFall is a time for family, pumpkin spice lattes, and the changing colors of leaves. It’s also a perfect excuse to make your home cozy with new decor including a comfy quilt and pretty floral arrangements. One way you can incorporate fall into your decorating style this season is by using natural materials like quilts…
- Fall Harvest Tablescape with Fresh VegetablesHey, everyone time for a fall harvest tablescape with fresh vegetables! Fall is here and it’s time to decorate for the season. The best way to do that is with a tablescape, of course. I’m going to show you how to set up a fall harvest tablescape using fresh vegetables. This will not only look…