3 Tips to Decorate with farmhouse home decor
Homes are a reflection of the people living in them. Sometimes our homes reflect who we want to be and other times they tell a story about our past. Regardless, it is important for us to create spaces that feel like home and not just another room on the list.
If you’re looking for some budget-friendly ideas, then this blog post is for you! I’m going to share my favorite farmhouse style decorating tips and my favorite shop with you and tips to decorate your farmhouse.
Invest in Quality Pieces
Tip number one. Buying high-quality items will last longer than cheaper ones which means your investment will pay off over time. This goes for both furniture and decorative items. There’s no need to buy cheap when there are plenty of options available to you.
I have a few places that I always go-to for quality home decor but my favorite is Antique Farmhouse. I love their variety of items and have never been disappointed with the items I have received from them.
I was lucky enough to work with them and create a collection of home decor items that are curated to fit my home and many others. I want to share with you the amazing collection and each item in my home! I also want to share these tips with you to help you decide what to add to your home.
Add Timeless Home Decor Items
Next, up tip number two is to buy and add pieces that are timeless. Pieces that aren’t going to go out of style and will fit with your decor for years to come. For instance, buying these wood shutters. They are something that will match and can be added to any space in my home for years to come.
Finding pieces like this is easy. Typically I try to buy wood or neutral colored items to achieve this. Antique Farmhouse is a great place to shop for items like this.
Take Items Away
Tip number three is to take items away. Put them somewhere else or store them for a bit and bring them back out. I am always switching up pieces to have a fresh new space but I am mostly using all the same items. They call this shopping your home too.
When you take decor and accents from your home and create a new space with them. Most of the pieces on this wall below are not new. A few are but I used things that I have had on hand for years now.
Antique Farmhouse Decor
This lamp and candle holder are also from Antique Farmhouse and I am able to add them to any room in my house and they fit in perfectly. The detail on the lamps is so good.
A Cozy Farmhouse that’s All Yours
The best part of your home is its is adding your own charm. There are so many ideas that you can use to decorate your own cozy farmhouse with Antique Farmhouse items!
Find inspiration from these images and pin on Pinterest for later. I hope you’ve enjoyed this blog post on how to decorate with farmhouse home decor. Let us know what other topics you would like us to cover by commenting below.
Take a look at my latest blog posts for some more inspiration!
- Best Rustic Christmas DecorFind the best rustic Christmas decor here! It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! And what better way to get into the spirit of the season than with some rustic Christmas decor. We have gathered our favorite pieces from around the web to give you some inspiration for your own space. Hope you enjoy…
- 5 Rustic Farmhouse Bedding Set ideasTime to refresh your bedroom with some fun rustic farmhouse bedding set ideas. Let’s take your bedroom from drab to fab with some color and warmth! There are so many ways to give your home a fresh new look and feel, but if you’re looking for something simple yet effective then try adding some earth…
- Rustic Farmhouse Winter Posters and FramesThis winter you can add some rustic farmhouse posters and frames to your decor and make it extra festive. I love adding artwork to my mantle and this Christmas the deer and winter trees were a hit. This post does contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you choose to make…
- Antique Faux Fireplace mantleI’ve got the cutest antique faux fire[lace mantle for you guys! This one is a beauty and won’t break the bank! I have always wanted to have a fireplace or mantle to decorate and now I do! The best part is I had it delivered to the house and it took no time at all…
- Cozy Fall Home Decor IdeasLet’s chat about fall farmhouse home decor ideas! Who doesn’t love a cozy fall evening? The leaves are changing, the air is crisp and fireplaces are lit. Fall is the perfect time to curl up with friends and enjoy some hot cocoa while you swap stories about your latest work projects. But don’t let all…