10 Things to Be Thankful for This Year
Thanksgiving is almost here—can you believe it? Before long, shoppers will rush the stores to gather ingredients for their family feasts. And then soon after that dinner, they’ll rush the stores again to snag all the Black Friday deals they can.
I’m not bashing sales and discounts. I love a good holiday discount when I find something that is a great buy! I love the hunt! But let’s be honest with ourselves… sometimes in all the hubbub of shopping during the holidays, we can lose sight of the simple gifts we receive every day.
It’s so important for us to take the time to give thanks for what we have. Even research studies have shown that the more grateful you are, the happier you are!
That’s why today’s article is all about what you can be thankful for this year. If you’re reading this blog, chances are that most, if not all, these 10 things apply to you.
1. Your Family and Loved Ones
Love is one of the greatest gifts on earth. I’m sure you’ve experienced your fair share of broken or imperfect relationships. But no matter what heartache you’ve been through, each precious relationship in your life is worth being thankful for.
So who is it for you? Your husband? Your kids? Your friends or your pets? Celebrate your loved ones this year!
2. Your Health—Whatever It May Look Like
It’s so easy to focus on where we’re not healthy instead of where we are healthy. Maybe you still have some of the extra baby weight from your third child. But the fact that you can talk a walk outside and breathe in the fresh air on your own is amazing!
We can’t always control what happens to our health. We can’t always stop our bodies from getting injured or even from developing terminal diseases. But whatever form of health you have now—enjoy it and give thanks for it.
3. A Roof Over Your Head
As many as 1.6 billion people don’t have adequate housing, according to Habitat for Humanity. How heartbreaking is that? If you do have a home, make sure you take some time this season to give thanks for it and remember those who don’t have the same luxury.
And of course, take advantage of the opportunity to decorate your home with tons of ideas from my blog!
4. Drinkable Water at Your Disposal
Can you imagine not having access to drinking water? I can’t! All I have to do is flip on my faucet to get a pot of water to cook or to wet my toothbrush or to take a shower. Meanwhile, the CDC estimates that as many as 780 million people around the world don’t have access to clean water.
I’m never taking my faucets for granted again!
5. Access to the Internet
This is yet another incredible privilege that we have in the United States (and the Western world in general). Think about it… how many times do you go to your phone or laptop to Google something when you have a question? We have so much valuable information and entertainment at our fingertips—not to mention ways to make money online.
It’s such a blessing to have access to the internet. Have you taken the time to think about that lately?
6. Those Who Have Influenced and Mentored You
Get out that journal again and write down 5 people who have influenced you for the better. How did they impact you? What valuable lessons did you learn from them? It’s incredible how our lives intersect and impact one another. Take a moment and ponder that.
7. Clothes to Keep You Warm and Safe
Not only do we have clothes that fit to keep us and our loved ones warm… but we also have the bonus of fashionable clothing. You know I love making things in my home beautiful, and that includes what my family and I wear.
And hey, check out my article if you need some fall fashion inspiration!
8. Basic Hygiene Products
Again, this is something we don’t really think about often because we view it as a common necessity. But around 2.5 billion people don’t have the means for improved sanitation, according to the CDC. That includes basic things like period products, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, etc.
9. The Freedom to Believe and Think as You Do
I’m grateful to live in a nation that allows me to vote and to live according to whatever I believe. Not all countries have that. The freedom to have our own opinions, political leanings, and religious beliefs is a true blessing.
10. Waking Up Alive!
Every day that we wake up alive is a day to give thanks. Each new morning is a chance to love our families, learn from our mistakes, and grow as human beings. I don’t mean that to sound sappy—it’s just so true!
Take a moment today to give thanks for all 10 of these things and whatever other blessings come to your mind.
Take a look below at some inspirational quotes that I really resonate with!
I know I have a bunch to be thankful for this year what about you? Let me know in the comments below and check out some of my recent blog posts!
- Fall Aesthetic – Get Inspired for Fall and cooler weatherFall is a time of change and pretty fall aesthetic photos to inspire us. The leaves are changing colors, the air has cooled down, and we’re thinking about sweaters and pumpkin spice lattes. We can’t help but feel nostalgic for all of those things that make fall just so perfect: the crisp morning walks to…
- My Favorite Girls Dress ShopsI lvoe buying cute dresses for my girls and I do not like spending that much money on them. I will tell youright off the bat the higest I will pay for a dress is around $25. Most of these were under $20 except for a special occasion one like the flower girl dresses but…
- Better Homes and Gardens Thick & Plush Bath towel ReviewI found the best white bath towels! I have bought a few and finally found the best one. It’s on the bigger side, washes well, and is super soft! Now let’s start off with I am not a towel snob or anything. I just have had the same towels for 10 plus years and they…
- Hudson Farmhouse Popular Items of 2020I thought it would be fun to do a round up of all of your favorite blog posts and products this past year. After looking at them it really is funny what a huge mix of items and topics that were popular. This post contains affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if…
- Fun & Free iPhone Wallpapers – cute Mobile BackgroundsI love my iPhone and love changing out the wallpaper all the time. I am picky about what goes on my home screen. I don’t really like having photos in the background sometimes because you can see them with all the app icons. So with these free iphone wallpapers you can have cute backgrounds and…